are just few of the amazing books that are available for this age group. They
are well worth a read to see if the kids in your care get a buzz from them.
Group - 5 to 6 Years Old
Love You Stinky Face
- a beautiful book that tells of a mother's never-ending
love for her child. It is so much fun to make up your
own pages with the kids.
- I love this book because it promotes so much discussion
and it is rather 'out there'.
- is a beautifully illustrated book that children l
spend hours and hours exploring.
Another Ordinary Day
- You just have to read this book the first time without showing the pictures.
Ask the kids to describe what they saw. After that read the book and show the
pictures. You'll be amazed at the responses. NB this one is out of stock at
Goes to School
- Franklin Goes to Hospital - Franklin Wants a Pet -
Franklin's Bad Day - Franklin Fibs - All nicely written
books that deal with some of the emotional issues that
children of this age face.
for Kids: 100 Amazing Recipes Your Children Can Really
- For me cooking with kids is a great way to teach mathematical
measurement skills and how to follow procedural texts.
The kids can help you make the shopping list and help
out with the budget. Who knows, by the time they are nine
they might be having dinner parties :)